Not all skin care products are created equal. The impact of the results you get will be based largely on the quality of the product you use.
Over-the-counter skin care products have been designed to be safe for most of the masses. For this reason, the concentration of their active ingredients is low to nonexistent. They do this so as not to cause adverse reactions in the skin of the general population.
Professional skin care products are made to be a lot more potent and well-balanced. They have been developed and researched to have enough of the active ingredients to make lasting changes in your skin. A higher amount of the active ingredients equates to healthier, better skin.
In addition to having a higher content of the active ingredients, professional and medical-grade skin care products have the purest form of those ingredients. They are made using the latest technology and ingredients and can be completely customized to your specific skin issues. Over-the-counter products tend to be less expensive than professional/medical-grade skin care products, however they also contain lower quality ingredients, which in turn sacrifices how effective the skin care product really is.
Over-the-counter products have a much larger molecular size and sit on the surface of the skin. Medical-grade or Cosmeceutical skin care products have been formulated to penetrate the epidermis and affect deeper layers of the skin. You wouldn’t spend time and money going to see a personal trainer and expect great results if you ate a box of donuts every morning and night, right? Taking the time and money to invest in skin care procedures while still using over-the-counter products at home is the same. The bad ingredients in those products un-do any positive changes you have made in the skin.
The FDA closely regulates medical-grade skin care products. Most of these are marked as pharmaceuticals. Before they can be used by the public, there must be scientific evidence showing that the skin care product is beneficial and that it does what it advertises. In other words, before a medical-grade wrinkle reduction cream can make it to the market, there are multiple studies done showing that it really reduces wrinkles. This is not the case with over-the-counter cosmetics.
Over-the-counter skin care products allow you as the customer to self-diagnose your skin and select the skin care product that you think is best. However, when you use a medical-grade skin care product, it is a trained skin carel professional who examines your skin and prescribes medicine that will adequately address the issue you have.
Here are some reasons why professional products are more effective and will deliver better results than drugstore or department store products or products sold by a friend or neighbor.
- Are made in small batches with fresh and active ingredients that are made to deliver results.
- Have higher quantities and percentages of active ingredients to ensure the product does what it says it’s going to do.
- Formulated by cosmetic chemists and sold by an aesthetician who has hands-on experience and a true understanding of the skin and its function.
- Have a range of products that address different skin types and skin conditions.
- No added synthetic fragrances, colors or dyes. This lessens your chance of sensitivity and irritation to these unnecessary chemicals.
- High quality ingredients with proven results.
Over the Counter products:
- Made in large batches for the masses so more preservatives are added since the shelf life will need to be longer.
- Will have less or lower percentage of active ingredients since they will be sold to “for all skin types” and therefore need to be more basic, simpler formulas.
- Formulated by chemists and presented and sold to the public by corporate marketing specialists.
- Most products are made for “one size fits all.” (If you’re looking for results, it’s imperative that you use products formulated for the unique needs of your skin.)
- Added synthetic dyes, colors and fragrances to heighten the sensory experience and esthetic look for the sole purpose of encouraging sales.
- Low quality, inexpensive oils with potential pore clogging properties. The drug store is loaded with products containing mineral oil and petroleum which are forbidden ingredients by professional skin care formulators.
- High SPF numbers (SPF 50 and above) originated by mass marketers to mislead people into believing that high SPF numbers were more effective without scientific proof for the sake of selling more products. (The FDA has put in a ruling to ban all sunscreens higher than an SPF 50 since there is no proof showing it protects the skin more.)
If you truly want to improve the appearance in your skin, there is no better place to purchase your skin care products than through a reputable skin care professional.
We offer three lines of professional products that we stand behind.
RA blends the best active natural ingredients with highly beneficial, scientifically developed compounds such as growth factors, peptides, super antioxidants, retinaldehyde, anti-glycation and plant stem cell technology to create a synergy of superior professional treatments and customized home care products. They blend nature and science to deliver and transform the skin.
No dyes, artificial coloring, or artificial fragrances and over 98% of their formulas are paraben free. Essential oils and the scent of plant extracts create the subtle elegant aroma of our products. All preservatives are essential oils, plant-derived, and free from toxins.
No Animal Testing!
SkinScript specializes in corrective skin care for all skin types and ethnicities. Dedicated to beautiful skin, Skin Script delivers the promise of healthy, vitalized, youthful looking skin. They believe in quality products that are gentle, yet effective. Skin Script RX Skin Care is natural, yet clinical skin care designed for anti-aging, hyperpigmentation, melasma, sun damage, teen and adult acne, and rosacea. Antioxidants, exfoliants, and natural brighteners are the base of this skin care line to achieve remarkable results.
SkinScript products were designed and developed under the direction of highly-respected physicians and aestheticians to create a unique skincare line to treat their clients’ top concerns while improving their skin’s appearance and repairing damaged skin.
No Animal Testing!
Jan Marini Skin Research, Inc., is one of the most respected names in skin care. Jan pioneered the medically-validated and dispensed skin care industry nearly 25 years ago and has formed associations with some of the world’s leading physicians and research scientists to develop cutting edge solutions to today’s most frequent skin concerns. Today, Jan Marini Skin Research professional products are used worldwide to address fine lines and wrinkles from aging and sun-damaged skin, hyperpigmentation, acne, and rosacea.
Jan Marini pioneered the use of Glycolic Acid to improve the skin’s appearance and texture. She was also the first to market a stable topical Vitamin C technology to promote healthier skin. Jan Marini Skin Research maintains this focus on innovation and advancement with an ongoing track record of innovative solutions and patented technological advancements.
Skin care professionals and consumers alike trust Jan Marini Skin Research to deliver medically validated, innovative products for amazing skin.